Booking Terms and Conditions
Swan House has achieved an Enjoy England 5 stars self-catering grading and an Enjoy England self-catering gold award.
- Once you have made a booking, you must pay a deposit of one third of the total rent (or the full rent if your booking is made within eight weeks of your arrival date) within three working days. Your booking will be held on a provisional basis in the meantime.
- The balance of the rent must be paid 60 days before your arrival date. Non payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation.
- If you cancel your booking, between 60 days and 2 days before your holiday you will receive a refund (less an administration fee of £150) of what you have paid. If you cancel less than 2 days beforehand there will be no refund. If you cancel more than 60 days beforehand you will receive a refund provided we can let the house at the same price.
- No more than twelve guests may dine at or stay at the property. It may not be used as a party venue. If you breach this or any other term your deposit will be forfeit. You must follow government advice on Covid.
- The property must be used for personal domestic holiday use only and not for any commercial purpose.
- We do not accept stag or hen parties or pets.
- Because of the lake and the river the property is not suitable for children aged under five years. If you do bring children of any age, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- The property is strictly non-smoking.
- The property will be available from 4.00 pm on the day of your arrival and must be vacated not later than 10.00 am on the day of your departure. During the Covid pandemic this will be 5 p.m. and 9.30 a.m.
- You must pay a security deposit of £750 at the same time as payment of the balance of the rental or immediately if you are booking less than two months before your arrival date. If your party is made up of more than one group, you will be jointly and severally liable for any damage and we may charge one or all of you as we deem appropriate.
- If the property is not left in a clean and tidy condition, we may deduct an amount from your security deposit for extra cleaning costs.
- You must treat the house with proper care and not cause damage to the property or contents or annoyance or nuisance to those living nearby. Parking on the village green is prohibited, as are fireworks.
- We will not be liable to you or anyone in your party or any third party for any loss, damage or personal injury or accident or inconvenience or expense howsoever incurred. In particular, you use the garden, river and lake at your own risk. You accept that the house is over two hundred years old and may not therefore be as safe as a modern property. You will be entirely responsible for the safety of yourself, your guests and any children in your party.
- We shall not be liable for any temporary stoppage of services to the property; any defect in equipment machinery or appliances in the property; any matter beyond our control; and in any event our liability will be limited to the total rent paid for your booking.
- If for any reason we have to cancel your booking, we will refund the holiday rental price and will have no further liability towards you.